Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The time has come to leave

Hello World!

So this is my first post on my new blog. I never considered doing a blog before until now. Thing is, this whole decision to go to Shanghai for a semester was rather spontaneous. The plan was to "settle" and stay put in Hamburg for two years. But I think I suffer from the same North Wind syndrome from the movie "Chocolat". I just can't seem to sit still. I've been in Germany now for 2.5 years and it's incredible to now look back and see all the ups and downs. It's been all that I hoped it would be. But now I'm ready to open a new chapter and look ahead towards the unknown. I'm going to Shanghai with no expectations and with an open mind. I know it won't all be sunshine and rainbows as there's always difficulties when adapting to a new place and culture. But I hope that I can put to work the lessons I've learn during these past two years being abroad. I'm really excited (and scared out of my wits at the same time).

Some background info: This is will be my third semester of my Master's program. I will be in Shanghai for 5 months. Afterwards I plan to do an internship in Hamburg and write my thesis. Official date of completion for Master's Program: TBD. There will be 6 others from my program studying with me in Shanghai. On the men's side: Mike (German) and Alejandro (Mexican). On the ladies' side: Anne (Germann), Anna (German), Lara (German), and Jitka (Czech). I thought I would introduce them now since they will definitely be a big part of the Shanghai adventure.

In true Karina fashion, I left my packing to the last minute and stayed up all night. I have no idea what's even in the suitcases but "ist doch egal!" I need to get going to the airport now anyways.

To all my friends, family, and readers of this blog: I will post as regularly as possible with all the juicy updates. I'm going to miss you all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment